Bring your vehicle to Haskins and let us handle your Car Maintenance Tasks
Regular auto maintenance is critical to maximizing your car’s performance from a standpoint of safety, reliability, comfort, and longevity.
At Haskins Collision and Auto Service, we can’t stress enough the importance of routine maintenance. We see all sorts of issues every day that stem from customers not properly servicing and maintaining their vehicles, costing customer thousands of dollars in unnecessary repairs.
When you look at how often you might schedule your routine maintenance, this will depend mostly how often you drive (how many miles do you put on your car each month?), how you drive (IE are you hard on the vehicle?), and the make, model and year of your vehicle. Point being: each vehicle is different, and each drive is different.
The key is to begin building a relationship with a trusted mechanic like Haskins Collision and Auto Service, so that your “go to” guy knows your habits. The more we recognize patterns in how you drive, the better suited we are to recommend a routine car maintenance schedule and timeline.
Other factors that might impact how often we recommend routine service:
- the number of times you start your engine each day
- the number of miles you put on your car each day (on average)
- the climate where you live (Ashland and Hanover in general are not too extreme either way, which is a plus!)
- the types of roads/terrain on which you drive
- how often you “stop and go” during your commutes
- whether you tow a trailer
We recommend you give your auto shop (hopefully Haskins, of course!) as much information as possible as to how you drive and why you drive, so you can create a customized maintenance plan based on you behavior and needs.
With that in mind, we are proud to offer the following car maintenance services:
- Check and replace the engine oil, oil filters and fuel filters
- Inspect windshield wipers (and replace if needed)
- Check windshield wiper fluid (and refill if needed)
- Inspect all four tires for wear and tread condition
- Tire Balancing, tire rotation and wheel alignment
- Check battery terminals and battery fluid (clean and replace if needed)
- Check brake pads and brake fluids (replace/flush as needed)
- Check transmission fluid, power steering fluid and coolant (replace/flush as needed)
- Inspect spark plugs, air filters and timing belts (replace as needed)
- Lubricate locks, hinges, latches as needed
- Tighten all bolts and nuts
- Test all lights and electronics
These are most but not all of the car maintenance services we provide at Haskins, but of course….each car and each driver is different! We customize our recommendations for auto maintenance depending on how you drive, so thereby we don’t really have a “one size fits all” plan or course of action.
Get an Auto Maintenance Recommendations from Haskins!
We strongly advise that you have a professional maintain your car as often as possible. If you’re interested in speaking with us about what we offer in terms of auto maintenance or to schedule a new appointment, call us at (804) 798-4826 or contact Haskins Collision and Auto Service online!